Bird Quest #09 - The Owl

The Long-eared Owl (lat. Asio otus, serb. Мала ушара или утина /
Mala ušara ili utina) seen in Đurđevo near Žabalj, Serbia
And finally, after months and months of waiting and searching, The Owl appeared! Seasons passed, winter, spring, ... and then, on the third Sunday of June, 2013, I got it! One caring mother and two big babies in the nest. Dwelling peacefully on a locust tree in an orchard amidst a serene village. I did not want to disturb this small family, but had to make a few shots, simply - had to. 


Then I tried to get a little closer to photograph babies. Used ladder, and then tried to climb a bit higher, but the locust spikes and climbing with one and a half hands - prudently holding the camera - was a bad idea in the beginning. So I waited for the babies to peek from the nest. A little later, my boys managed to capture one of the cubs out of the nest, on a branch, with claws clearly visible. Great job, boys!
He's smaller than the camera, but making great shots!

A National Geographic photographer in perspective!

The baby is looking somewhat suspiciously at me

...and is really surprised of what I am trying to do!

But the boys made a much better shot without
climbing... my two hawk-eyes!

Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments:

Your opinion...